9.14.2010

"You Are My Hands" by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

I want to share my testimony from President Uchtdorf. It is in Ensign Gerenal Conference May 2010. I was in needs for comfort from Jesus Christ. Since last week, it was pretty bad week for me. I was in awfully stress, envy, pride, and embarrassed. I made some mistake choices. I broke the word of wisdom recently. Because my Grandma Evans drank coffee in whole of my young life. She doesn't came back to church. Actually, I loved coffee. I admitted it. Then somehow I decided to firm stop doing that. Because I was reading one of my friend's blog. She is very faith, love, and joy. I was crying last Sunday night. Because I was showing bad example to my children. I will never do that again EVER. I am just grateful for my friend that she shows me her good example. "You Are My Hand" is helping me, and comforting me. I am grateful for gospel. I am thankfully for my mom to staying in church in her life with difficult path. I hope that everyone accept who I am. I am a child of God. So you are too. Inculding those who might dress, look, speak, or just do things differently. It is not good to make others feel as though they are deficient. I am deaf woman. I want to be perfect woman. Sometimes people made me feel unperfect because of my deafness. They think that I can't do anything like they do. This is wrong. It is hurt my feeling. One of my friends, I felt like I am retard because she thinks that she knows everything than I do. This is wrong. She doesn't understand how I feel. Let us lift those around us. Let us extend a welcoming hand. When we are tempted to judge, let us think of the Savior, who "loveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw ALL men unto him... "[And] he saith: Come unto me all ye ends of the earth... [for] ALL men are privileged the one like unto the other, and none are forbidden." We "all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." Everyone have their own sin. Yes, I was in difficult path last week. I was soul hungry for gospel to comfort me. Than everyone jugde me, discourage me, mad at me. No one are perfect. We sometimes confuse sin with sinner, and we comdemn too quickly and with too little compassion. It is unworthy of us as Christians to think that those who suffer deserve their suffering. In Proverbs, "a friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity." Let us love at all times And let us especially be there for our brothers and sisters during times of adversity. My friend won't help me with one of our ex-friend that was bothering us for years (2005-present). So I felt recently that she hates me. She refused to talk with me about it. Jesus Christ is always WITH , never DOWN TO, people. Sometimes we need a reminder to remember about support people than condemn. "As disciples of Jesus Christ, our Master, we are called to support and heal rather than condemn." I am grateful his His comforter. This is the spirit of compassion: that we love others as ourselves, seek their happiness, and do unto them as we hope they would do unto us. I hope that everyone will equally with me because of my deafness. I hope everyone will equally with me even they are smart or poor. I know that everyone don't understand how deaf people feel. Same thing with the black people. We, deaf people, black people, and HC people, are ALL the same people. Jesus Christ is only understand our feeling. True love requires action. Jesus Christ actually love us so much. He showed it each day of His life. I love my husband and my children so much. I want my families love me who I am. I hope my families forgive me what I did made mistake-word of wisdom. My husband love me so much deeply. I thank for my husband. Love is what inspired our Heavenly Father to create our spirits; it is what led our Savior to the Garden of Gethsemane to make Himself a ransom for our sins. Love is the grand motive of the plan of salvation; it is the source of happiness, the everrenewing spring of healing, the precious fountain of hope. I hope that I will be healing from breaking the word of wisdom. Living in this world ISN'T easy. Too many non-member drink strong drinks, drugs, pride, and richness. But Jesus Christ saith "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it." I am trying to improve myself. I want to be awesome mother to my children. I hope my children will stay on rod to tree of life. I hope my spirit become healed, more refined, and stronger. I can become happier, more peaceful, and more receptive to the whisperings of the Holy Spirit. With all my heart and soul I give thanks to my Heavenly Father for His love for me, for the gift of His Son, for the life and example of Jesus the Christ. I love you. In name of Jesus Christ, Amen. :) Now I feel a lot better. Alma 7: 11-13 is good verses.

1 comment:

talonandanna said...

you're awesome j! great post!