3.16.2017

Proof Of Life

Since from beginning of March, I became totally obsessed about Laura Nelkin patterns. I have tons following knitters in the world that I am their fan. Today, it is Laura Nelkin that I am obsessing about.  I decided a few days after I read about her MKAL(Mystery Knit A Long) for April project. I was planning not to join this time, but somehow my mind shifted and wanted to knit this MKAL. I was hesitating at first place. After I read thread on forum in my ravelry, so I purchased a pattern for MKAL. I went downstairs to my basement and looked for yarns that will be right for this project. Turned it out that none of my stash boxes of yarns are not right type for this. I was little grumpy and considered to quit, but I couldn't because I am so obsessed. So I ignore and went ahead and ordered the yarns and beads from Jimmy Beans Wool online. I wanted light colors, not dark like winter colors. I was lucky, because it was two yarns in stock of that aster color, now it is out of stock. The beads are crystal clear silver lined Miyuki 6/0~ 20 grams and 8/0~ 100 grams beads, I was shocked to see it is 100 grams of 8/0 beads! Normally for general, it is 10-20 grams of 8/0. I needed 20 grams of 6/0 and 65 grams of 8/0. I love to have a lot of beads, especially 100 grams! Whoo!

Oh shit! There is flood in the bathroom, I gotta go. What a joy of being adulthood. (It was clogged from Emma's)

Anyway, I am back.

I have Facebook and instagram accounts. They are great to talk to any people over in the world. For example, I would never be known about Laura Nelkin if we don't have this internet, phone, etc like in 1800's. Also I do have a hard time to believe that Laura is real, not robot on internet. She is over there in eastern of US. I see my friends, family over and over on Facebook and instagram that is real so yes Laura is real on the other side of US. I am really happy that she exists or her design patterns would not be here. So do Ravelry too. In 1990's, there were no knitting online, only book publishers. There wasn't any online classes. You can't find more patterns than present time. I am really happy Ravelry is existing. It's MUCH easier with knitting life~ classes, yarns suggest, pattern, chat room, help tutorials, etc. I started to knit in 2009, ravelry opened in 2007, two years after. It like you can see, read, shop, classes, map, vacation, events, news, etc on Facebook. It is same with ravelry.

Right now I am working on Synthesis shawl, designed by Laura Nelkin. I finished knit a swatch for gauge for MKAL, it is now drying on block mat in basement. One great thing is basement~ the kids and future pets are not allow going in basement, so all of my workings are "protecting" from them.

PS, I created a memories book~ chatbook. You can look up on Facebook. It's so great! It only costs us $8 per book. I don't do scrapbook. I rather to knit than scrapbook.


No comments: